Clown behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so I have a pair if clowns. One is a little larger and more dominate to the other. This tells me they may becoming a mated pair however they are both still young. However, I have noticed they tend to spend all of their time in the top right corner of the tank next to the overflow box and the power head. I rarely find them on the bottom of the tank or around any rocks. Is this normal? I have had them fir around 2 months and for the first few days it seemed like they were claiming the bottom corner in the sand. But this activity has stopped and like I said, they don't venture throughout the tank. Its a 55 with a 25 gal sump. Ammonia ∅ nitrites ∅ and nitrates 5. Any ideas and thanks in advance!

I have several pairs of clowns its normal longs there gills are not moving real fast like there gasping for air.. but mine do that same thing from time to time by the way the large onehas turned into a female. Hope this helps

No, they aren't gasping for air and their gills aren't moving rapidly or anything. I just expect to see them move more throughout the tank. thanks for the reply and reassuring me that this type of behavior is somewhat normal.

clowns tend to host anything and then stay in that area until they decide to host something else and then stay there,totally normal.

Sounds pretty normal to me. My clowns are kind of oddballs, though. Won't host anything at all. They seem to have claimed half the 45 gallon tank as territory, but make no effort to chase anyone out of it. They're the most tolerant and friendly clowns ever! LOL

You pet your fish? That's wicked! My female clown tries dive bombing my hand from time to time, but she's still too small to actually bite. It amuses me.

Here is my pair of clowns. They control the bottom left corner of my tank.

Attachments

• image-1673511750.jpg
    image-1673511750.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2699340444.jpg
    image-2699340444.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom