Clown fish and anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish man

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wounding what the best anemone that a common clown fish would nestle with would be. And was wondering if a white purple tip anemone and a hatian pink tip anemone would be good for them. Another question would be, will the nestle in with a curly cue anemone also? Thank you!!!

Ive seen them mostly host bubble tip anemones so those that you listed would be good if they are bubble tips but they can host whatever they want or they might not ever host anything, I have a normal Ocellaris hosting a wall hammer but I've seen them host brain corals...its just whatever they feel like doing!

Certain species of clownfish prefer certain types of anemones, and there are certain matches which will never work out. Here is a decent guide to help you choose:

Clownfish and Anemone Compatibility Chart

I have a yellow and maroon clownfish in a purple long-tentacled anemone right now. I've also had ocellaris clowns in a sebae anemone, and percula clowns in a carpet anemone, that went to live with friends.

Back
Top Bottom