Clown Fish are Going to have babies... PLEASE HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well after 4 years my clownfish finally have produced some eggs. Now the question is what do i need to do to try an attempt there survival. Right now they are on a flat rockby there BTA. One of the clowns keeps on going down by the eggs. It looks like he is eating them but he really isn't. So any good websites on raising clowns or any good websites on what to do. Just need some help.

You will need to remove them and have a food source compatible for the different stages of the fry's size. I think there are about 3 stages. The 1st week is most crucial.

Not much help but all I can remember. Might try google :)

Good Luck

Joyce Wilkerson'e book Clownfishes is very informative on all aspects of clowns including breeding and raising the fry. Good luck

Oh i already have a ten gallon tank setup that I am going to move the eggs into. I am just letting them stay in the main tank as long as possible. See the parents can take care of the eggs better than i can. So once they turn silver i will put them in the larva tank. Wow i am excited. Of course i know that it is not likely that any of them will survive this time. But they say once your clowns spawn the first time they keep doing it. So we will see. I went and bought that clownfishes book. VERY informative. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom