Clown fishes hosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just to share with everyone. I have just came back from a 5 days trip and found out that 1 of my clown fish is hosting on my torch coral and another on my elegance. I have had them since November last year.

It is so funny sometimes they are just lying there not moving at all just like they are sleeping. They will sometimes pay each other a visit but will not host on other party coral but when they go back to their coral they just go back to sleep.

Attachments

• dcp_0002_346.jpg
    dcp_0002_346.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 49
  • dcp_0003_104.jpg
    dcp_0003_104.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 48
thats cool... But watch the corals, the clowns could upset the coral to the point where it is not open enough and it could die. My clowns killed my gonapora :(
No matter where I put the coral in the tank the clowns found it...

Yeah I also had clowns kill my goniopora. Just watch over the corals. If you notice them not coming out as much I would try and get an anemone for them. Good luck.

sigh you guys were right now my elegance coral is dead. But guess what the clown that was hosting the elegance now is sharing the same home with the other clown in the torch coral. Will the torch coral die away? If yes I will definitely get an anemone for them.

I think once they host on a coral they are hooked! They just can't stand on nothing rubbing against their body for the rest of their life.

Back
Top Bottom