Clown Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OniTweak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was thinking about getting another Clown Goby but wanted to see if that would be a bad idea with my already existing Yellow Clown Goby. Wanted to try and add a Black or Panda if possible.

From the things I've read about them, they will fight amonst themselves in smaller tanks.

I actually had a Question about Clown Gobys do they do ok in FOWLR tanks? Sorry Onitweak if you don't mind me posting here...

Liveaquaria says "For the best care, house single specimens in a 10 gallon or larger aquarium, preferably with branching coral to best recreate the natural habitat of the Yellow Clown Goby. It will rarely demonstrate aggression towards other fish, but will fight with its own kind especially in smaller aquarium systems. Therefore, it is best to keep the Yellow Clown Goby with other docile species."

I would expect the clown goby to do fine without coral, in a FOWLR. It'll just "perch" on rock instead of coral. Mine spends half its time perched on/in coral, and the other half on the rocks or glass.

I agree with kurt. I think it would be ok with out coral. Just make sure that it is housed with more docile fish. They are typically quite shy and can be out competed for food or bullied easily.

Back
Top Bottom