Clown Trigger farting bubbles!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robocop

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've seen my Clown Trigger farting bubbles everynow and then. Is something wrong with it? What causes this to happen?

Clown Trigger to be more exact. Are you certin the gas is comming out of the fishs anus and not a collection of gas from maybe mini bubbles in the water that just collect and then float free of the fish in that general area?

What are you feeding the fish as far as diet.

Are you certin the gas is comming out of the fishs anus and not a collection of gas from maybe mini bubbles in the water that just collect and then float free of the fish in that general area?

I'd kill to be there to watch how you'll figure THAT one out!!

It in deed is coming out the buttocks. I’ve seen it happen more than once. The diet consist of a variety of (dried brine shrimp, krill, live brine shrimp, Marine pellets, and high performance flakes). My Green Bird Wrasse and Huma Huma don’t do it. May be it has something to do with micro bubble in its stomach. The protein skimmer spits out some but not a whole lot. It also eats pretty fast, maybe that’s what’s giving it gas.

Back
Top Bottom