Clown vs ricoridea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neilfox

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my clown has been hosting my ric for a couple months. This afternoon I got home and noticed the ric closed up( never happens) and the clown gone??? It's been hours still no clown. I fed the tank and still nothing. I'm now sure now that the ric ate the clown. Anyone else had this happen?

I'm not saying your wrong but what were their sizes. I have some decent size ricordias and I can't imagine them eating any fish

It takes most of my corals a good hour to eat a large piece of shrimp. A ricordea would take forever to actually consume a large clownfish.

I went to work at 6 am home at 4:30 pm could have been enough time . the clown sleeps in the ric. Also the only carnivore in the tank is a mandarin goby.

I have a tank for, they are the last thing to worry about as fas as killing and eating a fish, they are mushrooms

Mushrooms aren't strong enough to pull a fish in to eat it with the exception of maybe some fry and definitely not a 1.5" fish. They are very squishy and dont have a lot of strength when it cones to closing. Have you tried feeding the tank? Barring that is it possible the clown could have gone carpet surfing?

I thought the same thing checked everywhere and no clown. Odd thing. Still no sign of him. I have had him a year or more very healthy active fish.

Have you checked your overflow or sump to see if he got sucked in?

Yes, everything is screened off but checked anyway. Rechecked the floor all the way around the tank?

Yes a mean cat. Full lid on the tank but I added a sea hare two nights ago. I thought I had seen the clown last night . any thing can happen though I have found reefing. Sure was a fun fish to watch.

Back
Top Bottom