Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fballer4310

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all I have a question. I've had 2 clownfish in my 75 gallon tank now for over 3 months. Both tank raised one black and one orange. Oh got them at the same time as well. The black one is significantly bigger than the orange one and they have gotten along great. Just an hour ago I noticed the black one missing. I searched and found the black one (bigger one) under a rock and kind of on its side. I immediately moved the rock thinking something was wrong and it came out. As soon as I did that the smaller one started chasing it around the tank and I noticed the bigger one looked like its fin had been picked on. What could be going on? I know this could happen because they are territorial but isn't the big one the one that is supposed to be chasing the little one around?

Did you get them at the same time or separately? If you added the larger one second then this will happen...

I'm pretty sure you can have 2 clowns in the same tank as long as A. One is obviously bigger than the other and B. If they r the same type of clownfish.. no mix n match

I'm not positive on this on a personal level but that's what I been told by numerous people on here and elsewhere.

They've been fine for 3 months but now the little one is picking on the bigger one. I have a ten gallon that I'm seriously considering putting the bigger one into if this keeps up.

They've been fine for 3 months but now the little one is picking on the bigger one. I have a ten gallon that I'm seriously considering putting the bigger one into if this keeps up.

Yeah that's kinda odd since its a 75g.. plenty of space for their own territories... I have 2 occy clowns in my 29g and they do fine.. couple nips here n there but nothing serious

Back
Top Bottom