ClownFish (baby) Head Out of WATER?!?!?~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChelseazFishiez

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, well I recently bought 2 ocelaris clowns fish.. for my 10 or 15 gallon tank.. When I has both fish the the bags, one of the clown fish just remaind calm... While the toher one is a little baby lcown cuzz it doesn't have all its stripes YET. And so I was just looking at them and I've realized the baby clown sticks it's head out of the WATER!! I can see it!! I'm not hyperlatevating!! And it jumped out like 2 times!!!
Now, I've had it for about 2 or 3 weeks, and it's doing fine.. But -- I have a realization that, when I'm ready to go to bed, I turn the lights off and immediatly, the fish goes right by the filter and sorta goes on its side... Is it just getting ready for bedtime? I ALWAYS find it there in the mornings though.. And it sticks its head out sometimes... When I fist got my fish, it was upside down until I turned on the filter.. Then it started to move again!! But something just doens't seems right.... It gets pale in the mornings, and the other is is REALLY pale and have red where its gilld are and breaths RAPIDLY, but it swims around and eats just fine... I'm currently putting in Melafix into the water.... Any info would be awesome.. THANKSSS!!!~ <3 :Fade-color :changes:

you have enough surface flow, right?
they might not get enough oxygen.
if they r still eating, u r ok.
trying to take some picture of your tank and some action of the clowns, that will help us ID what is going on

what are your water parameters? What is the melafix for? Most fish get pale at night... Ive seen several people ask about that, and i have even noticed it in my freshwater tanks...

How old is your tank. Most fish change color at night. Gasping for air is not a good sign.
Like mf said Parameters please.

I agree, the Melafix my be effecting the O2 levels in the tank. Why are you using it?
Many fish will fade colors at night to help them blend in with their surroundings.

More answers............:

-The Melafix it used because I posted another thread asking my my clownfish was red near its gills and they said it was a viral infection. And so that's what melafix is for..
- Here are the water parametres:
Salinity: 30 ppt
Gravity: 1.022 - 1.023

That salinity is pretty high. What about ammonia, nitrItes and nitrAtes?

Back
Top Bottom