clownfish friends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuOD

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey everyone,

I've had a tomato clownfish for awhile (was in my tank, then my roommates, and now back in mine) and he's a tough one! he chases the damsels around!

anyway, I decided to try and get one that was 3x bigger than him (cinnamon - but I think it's same thing) and hope they'd pair or something.

anyway, when i added the new big fish to the tank they sort of stared at each other for a good 10 seconds and then just ignore each other. they hang out very nearby and don't fight AT ALL... but they don't stay together either. is this normal?

i'm perfectly fine if they don't pair and i figured it was unlikely, I was just wondering.

Yes. My maroon clowns did the same. A few months later the female would chase the male. A year latter they are paired, I think in a gentler tank they could keep their eggs.

well, the new large clownfish hosted my sebae today (H Crispa)

It's great because now it has stopped bugging the frogspawn - but it still goes to the frogspawn occassionally to rub it. Should I just move the frogspawn farther away?

Hopefully it won't irritate the anemone too much.

Back
Top Bottom