clownfish hosting trick worth trying.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedLeggedHermit

Aquarium Advice Freak
i had heard if you have a clown who wont host an anemone to stick a picture of a clown hosting one and it might host. so i had a saddleback who had been hosting this anemone in the pet store and i bought him. then after my old anemone died due to insufficient lighting i bought the anemone as well. (after i bought a new light system of coarse. but when i got him he would swim around it but not touch it. so after a few days i remembered the picture trick but i dont have a printer so what i did instead was, i youtubed a video of a saddleback clownfish hosting an anemone on my brothers psvita. then i played it a couple times through while holding the vita up to the glass in front of the clown. after a few times through i left for a half hour and when i came back the saddleback was hosting the anemone.

Yeah ive seen this too its pretty funny if you use a picture they rub up against the glass to it. How are those new lights they working good?

they are AWESOME!!! all my corals as well as the anemone are all open and healthy looking. and i really like how its not all blue light so the colors are a lot more vibrant. :)

I love when an idea like that actually works. If only we knew about using a picture years ago. It would've saved a lot of people some major disappointment! Great post. Sometimes the simple solutions are the best.

Haha thats funny... Im using the picture trick as we speak but my clowns are too dumb to care.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha thats funny... Im using the picture trick as we speak but my clowns are too dumb to care.

Awe man I was hoping it would work out for you. Maybe your clowns are living in the Internet age along with the rest of us and don't care for books and photos. Just kidding. If it really would work out I'd have to call up a bunch of my buddies and tell em all about it! Maybe your fish feel safe and sound without a host. That's quite a peaceful tank you set up for em. They're gonna be happy either way.

Back
Top Bottom