Clownfish mating or fighting???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lakersfreak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

I bought 2 clownfish(nemo) from the same store two weeks ago. All seem to go well as I was told that clownfish live peacefully together. I also have 2 anomone's so that each can have it own. In the last two days the larger of the 2 is chasing the smaller one. However larger one gets near smaller one, and they both start twichting. Then the smaller one gets away and the larger one swims after him/her. It even looks like he/she is biting sometimes, but I can't fight any signs on the smaller fish of such behaviour (part of tail bitten off, and so on...)

What do you guys thing is going on.

But will he die?????

He's kinda floating sideways in the corner right now.

Mine does the same. They also " sleep" next to my PH and kinda float sideways as they rest. Is this normal....... I have no clue.

Mine are kind or erratic like that also

My Oc. clowns are like that also,. I get a kick out of watching them swim in the current. They really struggle to swim in the strong current and their swimming is kind of erratic. Yep, when they sleep they sleep in a half float or lumber. Odd and cool.

The shudder certainly appears to be the male being subservient to the lady.

Its quite normal as said above.Especially smaller type of nemo,percula,usually do that, they swim right into each other sometimes and the other will go sideways and start "shaking".

Back
Top Bottom