Clownfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimmer910

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 ocellaris clown fish in my tank for about 5months. If I were to put 2 more in the tank like Wyoming whites or some other clownfish would they be aggressive towards them?

How large is the tank? Have your current clowns paired or shown any signs of aggrevated interest in each other?

Last edited:
I have 2 ocellaris clown fish in my tank for about 5months. If I were to put 2 more in the tank like Wyoming whites or some other clownfish would they be aggressive towards them?

Yes they would, keep it to one pair

How large is the tank? Have your current clowns paired or shown any signs of aggrevated interest in each other?

I have a 20g and yes they are paired. No aggression towards others. I was thinking about getting more unique clown other than plain ocellaris, but I would have to move the others some place. Also at my LFS I always see a bunch of clownfish in the same tank, sometimes with other kinds. That's why I was asking

Clowns live in large groups in the wild with 1 dominant female and a bunch of smaller males, usually in an anemone.
In fish stores it is usually all juvies which haven't changed sex yet and that's why there isn't really any fighting as they are all juvenile males. Once they grow some there will be a dominance battle and one will change to female.
My female clown is a good 3 1/2 inches while my male is about 2ish. And man she beats the pop out of him sometimes haha

Clowns live in large groups in the wild with 1 dominant female and a bunch of smaller males, usually in an anemone.
In fish stores it is usually all juvies which haven't changed sex yet and that's why there isn't really any fighting as they are all juvenile males. Once they grow some there will be a dominance battle and one will change to female.
My female clown is a good 3 1/2 inches while my male is about 2ish. And man she beats the pop out of him sometimes haha

Learn something new everyday. Thank-you!

Back
Top Bottom