Clowns in forgspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NickM1989

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Will my clowns playing in my frogspawn kill it?

Attachments

• image-2946702991.jpg
    image-2946702991.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 127
Thanks. I actually just put the clowns in there 2 days ago. They seem to be doing very well

Clowns can actually cause tissue damage on many LPS so they can negatively affect the colony. Not saying this will happen, but it can. Clowns dont always have a positive symbiotic relationship with its host. The problem comes from the clown vigorously rubbing the coral and in the case of Lps like frogspawn they can beat the tissue against the sharp skeleton causing tears.

Not much you do just let things play out and see what happens long term.

They're just small babies right now, hopefully they don't cause any damage. I'm getting a bulb nem for them soon

They're just small babies right now, hopefully they don't cause any damage. I'm getting a bulb nem for them soon

Likely they will not host that nem. Just becuase its a nem does not mean they will host it. For one its not a nem they normally host in the wild and 2 because they already have your frogspawn as a host. Just givin ya the heads up so you dont expect it to happen.

Ok thanks for the info, it's good to know. This is my first SW tank. But I'm still going to get a nem because I like them.

Back
Top Bottom