Originally Posted by MV17
I recently got a new saltwater 40g Breeder. This tank is all cycled and has lots of live rock and coral. I was wondering what would be A. Reef compatible and B. Compatible with each other. I have attached a list of what I was thinking of. Please let me know what you think!
1. 2 percula clownfish
2. Purple Long Tentacle Anemone
4. Royal Gramma
5. Carpenterís Flasher Wrasse
6. Tile Sea Star
7. 4 Peppermint Shrimp
Also I know it seems like a heavy bio load but I have a 20 gallon sump for this.
All should be reef safe. In that size tank, you may run into aggression issues with the clowns. The Gramma most definitely will turn at some point and harass other fish. The mandarin needs an abundance and constant replenishment of pods
if your tank isnít doing that on its own. I personally have seen peppermint shrimp tear apart my hammer coral and then worked itís way to my frogspawn, hence ending the debate of whether or not they are reef safe in my experiences.
1. 2 percula clownfish - no issue
2. Purple Long Tentacle Anemone - no issue as long as tank is stable and PAR is sufficient
3. Mandarinfish - picky eaters
4. Royal Gramma - jerks
5. Carpenterís Flasher Wrasse - like to jump, make sure to have a lid
6. Tile Sea Star - ?
7. 4 Peppermint Shrimp - never adding one of these again