conch snail???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my favorite picture of mine. You can see the pupils really well.

image-634752092.jpg

I need to get me one of these! I have a Deer Cowrie who is quite large & it DOES bulldoze my scape & knocks my frags down :(

My fighting conch eats a snail every two or three days..doesnt mess with anything else but loves my 50cent snails..lol

My conchs don't mess with any of my snails, ever. I've never read this about conchs before.

I haven't seen any aggression towards any of my other snails. It could be the fighting part coming out in him or possibly your sand is to clean so he is looking for another food source.

Sorry it took so long to get back. I got rid of my conch. It was not a fighting conch. Still don't know if it was a queen or what. It kept knocking frags and small rock over. It was pretty neat though.

From what i have read tiger and fighting conch are the only ones who wont eat other snails according to live aquaria anyway ?

There are some species of whelks that are labeled as conchs. Whelks are carnivores that mainly eats bivalves and other snails. I was once sold a crown conch. After doing some research on it, I found out that it's primarily a predator. Had to get rid of it right away since I have tridacna clams in my tank. I favor them more than a $2.50 predatory snail in my tank. That's just me

Here is a pic of my so called conch.maybe you can tell if its a conch or not.i dont see his eyes like above pic,but he attacked another snail again.i do see a snout on top and something that looks like antennas just before the body.thanks

Personally it looked like a crown conch IMO. (which is a species of whelk) that's just my observation. Let's see if anyone else can chime in

Definatly not a fighting conch.on that link,i again see the eyes.mine does not have big eyez like that.also its shell has spikes on its back side.

Back
Top Bottom