condylactus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chapin874

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Will a maroon yellowstripe clownfish go into a condylactus anemone, i heard they only like to go into bubble tips. Is there any other types of anemones they will go into???

I have read that the Clarki Clown is about the only clown that will go to a Condylactus.

Condylactus are not host sea anemones, so your taking your cances that any clown will go into them, I have, many years ago, had a WC maroon clown that after a couple of years decided it would snuggle with a condy.

I have a maroon that is inseparable from my pink Seabae. In the same tank I have a large condy that he has never shown any interest whatsoever in. In my experience I have never seen a condy host anything (not to say it is impossible, I have just never seen it). I have seen a maroon in a carpet anemone before....

Good luck
I will try to post some pics of my maroon in his seabae for you later

thanks, the clown was poking at the condy, and at some points it would bite or suck the tentacles of the anemone. I havent seen him in it yet

Wow my maroon clown took the condylactus as a host, it only took him a week. Just yesterday i saw him go inside and now he barely ever leaves the anemone, it was a pretty neat site to see!!!

my digital camera doesnt really work any more, as soon as i can afford a new one I will try and get some pics!

Back
Top Bottom