Cool additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24 hours? NE!

Aquarium Advice Freak
Good addition first: (both came from a tank acquisition last Friday)

Got a small rose anemone and put him in my nano. I put him towards the top in the front. Today I noticed that he had split! It almost looks like he wants to spilt again. This is good, I hope.

Bad addition:
I'm not sure if he's the culprit to my cleaner shrimp completely disappearing, but I also got a cc star in the tank acquistion. I really didn't have any place to get rid of him, so I put him in my 55. He's been cool as he's worked his way around the tank. I'm not too happy about losing my 2 cleaners and I'm not sure who is to blame. They're completely gone. It looks like they had molted first. Oh well, I suppose I should see if my lfs is interested. Maybe they'll take my blue-legged crab as well. One good thing, they're easier to catch than fish.

Bad addition:
I'm not sure if he's the culprit to my cleaner shrimp completely disappearing
Well If you fed the Rbta then most likely the Cleaner shrimp went for the foos when you were not looking as was devoured at that time. Quite common for cleaners to try and steal food from anemones and get muched in the process..
but I also got a cc star in the tank acquistion
Ditch this.. Take it to the LFS or something BAD BAD BAD.. LOL

I would look at the Rbta as the one to have ate the cleaners.. I couldnt begin to count how many times i thought my cleaners were going to be eaten by my carpet anemone..

HTH<
James

Actually, they're in two different tanks. I think my post wasn't worded very well. My rose(s) are way to small to get my cleaners. There is a cleaner in my nano that my bta could definitely take out if the opportunity arose, but no problems.

Yeah, CC's days are numbered. Probably on Friday. It's a shame, I like to see something busy and moving around the tank.

Here's pictures of my rbta after the split. The top one looked like it wanted to split again, but it didn't yet.

Any suggestions for feeding these tiny things? My bta is big enough to eat small chunks of silversides, but these don't seem interested.

Back
Top Bottom