Copepod, snail egg, or Worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanderson417

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello All,

Would someone please tell me what these white specs are, which are starting to over run my tank? First there was one on the glass, then the following week 5, now I have about 20! They seem to really like my mushrooms too, as I can see them all over them. The corals do not seem stressed at this time. My tank is almost 1 year old, and I have seeded my refigum with copepoods about 6 months ago, but this is getting overwhelming. I am attaching a pic. Please advise.

I have added a second pic.

Attachments

• image-3046535662.jpg
    image-3046535662.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 119
  • image-883378457.jpg
    image-883378457.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 96
Could you get a better pic? It might be a flatworm, some are nothing to worry about and some are really bad. Are they hard or soft?

I have the same prob but mine are smaller, hard, and oval shaped.

Flreefer said:
Those are limpet snails, they won't cause any problems.

So do they move or anything? Cause mine just sit there like they're eggs or something.

That I would bet are flatworms. You need to get them out pretty quick or they will over run your tank. I had a similar issue and it took 3 doses of salifert flatworm exit tog et rid of them all. You can start by siphoning up as many as you can. Flatworm exit is only safe if used as directed though, so be very careful with it. Be ready with a water change if need be as well. But the stuff will work. :)

Carey,
Thank you for your response. While Googling the subject last night, I found something you wrote some time back. You were considering a Wrasse to help fight these naturally. Did you ever get the Wrasse and did it work? I have a Fairy Wrasse and he swims right passed them. Also, will Flatworm eXit harm any of my fish?

To my understanding, Faltworm Exit won't harm the fish, but you need to make sure you follow the directions and keep an eye on the invertebrates and corals in the tank.

I never did get a wrasse for the flatworms. And if you use flatworm exit correctly it will not harm anything in your tank. :)

Back
Top Bottom