Copper and butterfly hides all day and night.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonnypro

Aquarium Advice Freak
Copperband butterfly hides all day and night.

I just got him about 10 days ago and he was eating fine for a few days. I have been feeding the frozen miscues. I think that's how to spell it. But now he is just hiding. My stock is a yellow tang spotted fox face 2 clowns gobies and some small reef chromies. What can I do to get him to come back out. Is there anything that could be scaring him. All other fish are fine. Water is all good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seen a post on here that Someone used fresh clams,split them and put half in the tank. My only problem is that all the other fish are going to eat it. Anyone else?

To be honest with you I had one And I did exactly that I got clams split it open and he did go after quit well but he still didn't survive. You also could get some clams, scallops, shrimp and squid mix it in a blender and make your own food and you might get him to eat that also. Good luck

They eat feather dusters like spaghetti as well. But the clam thing is the best way to get them eating. After that you have to work them onto prepared foods

It's a 135g. I will get some clams tomorrow and try they. I have I ip camera on the tank and I look at it occasionally at work and I never see him. I moved some rock and he darted out. I also should add that I had the guy feed him befit I got him and he was eating fine.

He sounds like he is getting picked on, probably by the tang. They are pretty shy when first introduced to a new home. They are like mandarins, slow deliberate feeders that spook easily. Feeding them is only part of the difficult part. Some acclimate great and live long lives and some just don't. I have a friend in another forum that has raised butterfly's and moorish idols, pipefish, lots of stuff and his secret is feeding live foods. He even raises worms. But that's what fish can't resist, even finicky ones. He also uses a feeder for fish like butterfly fish.

I'd keep an eye on the tang.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251375783500?lpid=82

Last edited:
My tang is always with the fox face. He is so peaceful. On a better note I did see him when I just put a little food in and he did eat some of the mysus so we will see in the next couple of days. I will get live black worms if that will also help. I just don't want to spoil any of the other fish.

My tank at the office kept loosing shrimp, small gobies, even a little dwarf angelfish. They would be torn up in the morning. Couldn't figure it out until my peaceful Midas Blenny tore a goby apart in front of me. Anything that got near his hole got torn apart. They can be sneaky. Your tang doesn't have to attack the butterfly, the butterfly can just be intimidated being in with the tang. That will hopefully wear off.

W346Gwy.jpg

He came out for a little bit after he ate. Maybe looking for more food. Fingers crossed.

He has been coming out more he was eating a little bit this morning.

Back
Top Bottom