Copperband butterfly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlsrks

Aquarium Advice Freak
I understand that the copperband butterfly is hard to keep alive. Why is that if you keep your parameters correct?

From what I've heard, it's difficult getting them to start eating, and then they starve. I don't think it's about the parameters.

Butterflies in general are difficult. Eating can be an issues and I think that they are just not as hearty as some others. I've tried two in the past (different times) and both made it less than two months, while other fish were around for years.

I've never had luck, but have heard that Auriga, Pyramid, Raccoon and Heniochus are easier. There may be others. I think that all should be added to very established tanks. Was just talking to my LFS about this a couple weeks ago.

from what i have learned copper banded butterflies eat aptasias.. once all those are gone then they will starve.. very few will actually pic up on eating hand fed food. we have one at our lps. and it will actually eat very little frozen food. so it may servive.. if you can get them to eat. they may survive.. or just figure out a way to multiply your aptasias.. i heard if you try and pick an aptasia out with your fingers. it will release whatever it is.. and spread around your tank..

Don't think I want to go that far. Lol. May just go with my tang selections. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom