Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EddieJ123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey folks, so my tank is cycled and I have two clownfish and two mollies. When should I get corals. Should I wait or does it matter, I'm a beginner so maybe soft corals.

Mollies are brackish by nature and adjust well to sw and fw conditions very readily. Not my cup of tea but some people put them in sw tanks :)

But I just had the mollies to start off with. So I didn't buy a clown fish and have it die.

If your tank is really cycled go head and get some softies. It is a good place to start and they are really hardy...

A lot of people love that figure-eight puffer, or spotted puffer i think its sometimes called. When in adolescence its a brackish water fish, but once in adult hood its fully adapted to marine life, and in the while lives in the ocean...so its a little strange that people keep them in freshwater tanks. I guess as long as they're taken care of I'm not one to judge though. Of course, happiest puffer I've seen was about 5 inches long in a reef tank snacking on some clams. He never stopped smiling.

Lol I bet looked at his owners and was all dummies this is expensive treats you get me

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol I bet looked at his owners and was all dummies this is expensive treats you get me

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

lol, clams on the half shell, not a reef tank. Just grocery store clams. I think that tank had a 2 foot RBTA and a 6 inch long maroon clown that had been together for something like 20 years...clown was a jerk though.

WOW, i did not know that about Mollies, I think a lot of people's mind have been blown away!

Back
Top Bottom