Coral Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone covered all the negatives with the tank.
What lighting do you have? No way to tell you about corals without knowing what light and watts. Did I miss it??

SLOW way down on the tank, every thing may test fine but wait a few weeks I bet things change with that large bioload. No skimmer on the tank? How often do you do a water change and how much.
Does the LFS know what size tank you have??

jasno999 said:
Still people liek Avi amaze me with their comments:

I don't think it's so much that I amaze you...I think it's more that you can use what I said to pontificate and show how smart you think you are.

Zoanthids are potentially dangerous. I acknowledge that...and acknowledged that in my post. I didn't suggest that people eat them with their breakfast.

If someone contemplates keeping zoanthids, they should take precautions and asssume that they may have a problem with handling them. Jasno...I'd suggest that you post only when you have something real to say rather than just telling horror stories. What you've done is like telling everyone that you should never go to the beach because you've heard about someone having gotten eaten by a shark.

Wow... good to know bout that poison.. altho I should prolly be dead at this point since I've touched mine regularly for quite some time... enough alchohol will kill anything I suppose! :D

Anyhow, yup, like they all say, that tank is headed for a crash.
I've heard of some mandarins eating frozen mysids, but it's fairl rare.
The angel will go crazy or be deformed or just plain die due to the space alotted to it.
The jawfish won't be terribly happy either, it needs a deeper sand bed (hopefully you have the right type of sand, elsewise it'll be miserable).
I can also see the emeralds feasting on anything moving very slowly at night as the crabs get bigger (tends to happen when they grow, they needs lots of foods...or rather want lots of foods... and claws are dangerous).

Please do take the advice.. I lose things to infections etc.. that's part of the game and can be minimized with QT and good husbandry..
You'll lose things just because the ocean is way to small for em...and nothing short of taking some specimens back (the aforementioned ones would be best) and a little magic is really going to change that in the long run.

AVI - Please don't tell me what I should and should not do.

I am sharign those stories so that people are aware how toxic and dangerous zoos can be. People need to know risks exist and that care needs to be take when dealign with them.

Typically they can be handled and there is no harm. The real risk is when a person has a cut or break in their skin that the toxin can get into. That is when you really need to worry. But the simple fact exists that they are toxic. SOme more than others and little is understood abotu the tozin itself "PLAYTOXIN".

So all I am tryign to do is make sure people are aware. I suggest wearign gloves and playing it safe. I do cause I bite my fingers and always have open cuts or what not.

Typically the toxin is not going to affect you in any way from jsut touching the water. The toxin possiably could be present but when in the water it is probably to dilute. I have never heard a story about somebody gettign the toxing from jsut touching the water. At the same time I always wear gloves when I stick my hand in my tank - I play it safe.

And Avi again I do not appreciate you telling me what to do. I don't care what you post. YOu can agree or disssagree and you can share your stories and ideas but don't tell other members what to do.

And Avi again I do not appreciate you telling me what to do. I don't care what you post. YOu can agree or disssagree and you can share your stories and ideas but don't tell other members what to do.

That is exactly what you are doing now jasno999, please take your own advice.

I don't think it's so much that I amaze you...I think it's more that you can use what I said to pontificate and show how smart you think you are.

Keep it civil please Avi, insults, even implied ones, will not be tolerated.

This is the only warning the two of you will receive..continue and you will both be kicked from the thread.

What? Kicked from the thread because AVI has told me what I should and should not post???

SOrry hara but that seem a bit ridiculous. What did I do. All I am tryign to do is what I have done since day one is learn and help others. Information is the name of the game and like to receive it and provided it when I can,

I am telling AVI that he should not tell me what to do. I see nothing wrong with that. What hte heck do you mean by saying I should follow my own advice???? I did nto tell AVI he could not post messages or share thoughts. I jsut tole him that he should not tell me what to do cause he has no right or reason to do so.

Why are you jumping on me for what he has done. Come on now.

I suppose if I have to point it out to you. You were being argumentative from the very first post that you quoted Avi in. You then proceed to tell another member what he can/can not do (just by telling him not to do it to you) It was an argumentative post. If you cannot see that, I dont know what to tell you. Everyone else manages to get their discussion points across without the hostility and that is what is required here.

I am locking this thread to prevent further deterioration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom