coral banded shrimp questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermarvin76

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will a coral banded shrimp bother feather dusters?

Will he bother other shrimp?

Will he be able to defend him self against fish that may think he looks tasty....like a pink spotted goby?

Thanks

no he wont bother feather dusters, no he wont bother all other shrimp, yes he can defend himself, if he needs to

mine ate a peppermint shrimp within seconds after placing into tank.

i will no longer add another shrimp.

go ahead and try it, let us know.

Mine has never touched anything that I know of. Cool creature. I did manage to pull a pincher off mine trying to catch him one time, it molted back within three weeks to it's original size

BW warned, this CBS grabbed at my fish and eventually killed two engineer gobys.... i removed him asap...

Looks cool, but mean shrimp!

Never had a prob with mine..

I have 3 Peps, 2 Cleaners, and 1 CB

May be a prob in smaller tanks..

Mine is fine as well. I have two cleaners a blood shrimp and two peppermint shrimp. My CBS has never bothered any of these. He leaves my corals and fish alone as well. In fact, he even cleans my copperband butterfly.

I haven't had a problem with mine. I've got him in a 20 gal with a pepermint shrimp.

HOWEVER, A jaw fish did die in the tank and the CBS decided that he belonged to him......... he carried him around for about 2 days before he finally finished him off. I didn't know wether or not to laugh or freak out because there was a slow rotting fish in my tank.

They are totally cool though. I would reccomend one to anybody. some peole say they aren't reef safe, but those people have never been pinched by one......... I have. Gettting bitten by a Maroon clown hurts a lot worse(and that didn't hurt at all really). So yeah they are territorial, but I don't really see them doing any real damage to anything.

Then again, you may get a super monster CBS on steroids that destroys your whole tank and kills you in you sleep.

HTH

These guys are really hit or miss, as you can see from the above posts.

I had a problem with mine as well though. He didn't kill anything that I know of, but did steal food from my tube anemone.

when i introduced the peppermint shimp the coral banded shrimp was at least a year in the tank as the only shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom