Coral Banded Shrimp With coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes they are reef safe. I have one in my reef. I guess it's possible to get a crazy one but generally they are fine.

Can i keep a coral banded shrimp with othershrimp such as cleaner shrmp, peppermint , camel back , or any other shrimps ?? I know u cant keep more than 1 CBS in a tank

I have a cbs, 2 fire shrimps, 2 skunk cleaners and 10 or so peppermints in my 225 and they are all fine together.

Can i keep a coral banded shrimp with othershrimp such as cleaner shrmp, peppermint , camel back , or any other shrimps
Yes, I have one CBS, two cleaners, one blood, one pistol, and two peppermints. Be careful of the camel shrimp, they are known coral munchers.

I had a camel shrimp with my coral banded shrimp , the next day i found the coral banded eating the camel , did he kill it?? the camel was perfect he ate he looked in great condition , the water was good also

The smaller the tank the more likely the CBS will prey on other animals within the tank. Corals would be of no concern though. Typically CBS's are quite mean and territorial to begin with so there is always a danger to other shrimp and smaller fish. Given the opportunity they will kill and consume tank mates. Generally speaking though, most shrimp are much more agile than the CSB and should easily escape. Camels are not swimmers like most shrimp species so it would be much easier for the CBS to prey on them.

Cheers
Steve

I introduced a pair of cbs into my tank and also added a few extra peps at the same time for a total of 5. Thats in a 125 gallon tank. The cbs pair took out all of the peps. They are now in a small tank with the remainder of my hermit crabs.

More peps and a couple of cleaners are due in as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom