coral beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mghslowell

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey guys i have a coral beauty and just wanted to know what exactly should i feed it ? and how many times per day week ?

due to the 55g tank i have with 70 lbs LR and sand i feed it maybe once a week with brine shrimp and it nips at the hair algea on the rear glass of my tank seems thats all it does it nip at the algea on my lr and glass , so should i feed it shrimp as well. ?

TIA

It will eat some meaty foods but it needs supplemented with algae/nori sheets for grazing. I offer it daily but every other day seem to be the standard. It will also eat flakes and would do well with one of the angelfish frozen formulas.

They need to eat a variety. Frozen brine is not enough for him. I feed my tank every other day. I hope he does not start nipping on your corals if you have any. Angels are prone to nip.

Mine picks at algae all day, but loves the Formula Two Marine Pellets by Ocean Nutrition.

My tank diet includes:

Cyclopese
daphnia
Mysis shrimp
Green Life line
Dried seaweed
occassional spectrum pellets
occassional angel formula

I only feed every other day at most, sometimes go 3 days without feeding if I am out of town. All inhabitants are doing great and water parameters stay better longer.

IMO, get rid of the brine shrimp all together. Many agree that frozen brine has little or no nutritional value. It is the equivalent of feeding them twinkies.

HTH,

Aaron

My coral beauty as well spends all day nipping at the algae in my tank. I have noticed that he doesn't care for the patch of cyano that I have growing now...:?

Is there any way you guys could show me links to some of this food. My local fish store said that my Coral Beauty would be fine on a diet of brine shrimp...where can I find some better food for him? Links?

IMO a steady diet of brine would be like afilter said. It would be like you eating twinkies every day for your meals. Brine is OK for once or twice a week. I use the ocean nutrition prime reef.

Back
Top Bottom