Coral Beauty Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefman97

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I'm really interested with this fish. But... can it go in a 72 gallon bowfront? Is it comparable with a yellow tang, flame angel, one banded clownfish, two ocellaris clownfish, and about 6-7 hermits. And anything I should know about these guy?? Aggressive, territorial?

You wouldn't be able to add it mainly because the flame angel would attack him. The tang may also be aggressive

You wouldn't be able to add it mainly because the flame angel would attack him. The tang may also be aggressive

Well the tang seems to be very very friendly with the flame angel. And I read online that flame angel and coral beauty's are identical just different appearance. I honestly don't think the tang will be the problem, but I can see the two angels fighting.... I guess I'll wait for more opinions by other people. Thanks

Keeping more than 2 clownfish in the same tank is also risky so you're very lucky.

I they angels look similar they will fight, like a lot of things I am sure it can be done and some may have had success with it but on paper it's not worth the risk...

Keeping more than 2 clownfish in the same tank is also risky so you're very lucky.

Yes I know I am. I only got him because he was the only saltwater fish left in the entire store and felt bad for him lol.

Well I guess this solves my problem, no coral beauty :( any other suggestions for medium sized fish?? Thanks

A mystery wrasse or fairy wrasse would look great

Mystery wrasse is very appealing. Not the fairy. Any others?? And I just found a awesome fish!!! The queen angel fish... Unfortunately I probably know the answer..

Mystery wrasse is very appealing. Not the fairy. Any others?? And I just found a awesome fish!!! The queen angel fish... Unfortunately I probably know the answer..

Yes you do know the answer ;) Queens are a large species of Angels and will take over that tank as well as the tank being too small for him anyway. That size is better for dwarf and pigmy type Angels not full sized ones.

For what it's worth, buying a fish because you " feel sorry for it" is a bad, VERY bad reason to buy it. You should be investigating any fish you are considering buying to make sure that it is healthy, stabile, and will get along with your existing setup. There was a reason that was the last fish in that store. The reasons I can come up with are all not in favor of buying fish there.

Hope this helps (y)

Queen angels are beautiful but too big. I would advise fire fish

Thank you for helping with my choice of fish here, I was never interested in the firefish. I found a fox face that I dont mind. Possible? If not what are some fish that are good for my talk that have beautiful colour to them?? By that I mean multi colour.

Yes you do know the answer ;) Queens are a large species of Angels and will take over that tank as well as the tank being too small for him anyway. That size is better for dwarf and pigmy type Angels not full sized ones.

For what it's worth, buying a fish because you " feel sorry for it" is a bad, VERY bad reason to buy it. You should be investigating any fish you are considering buying to make sure that it is healthy, stabile, and will get along with your existing setup. There was a reason that was the last fish in that store. The reasons I can come up with are all not in favor of buying fish there.

Hope this helps (y)

Haha, Ik why I did was a horrible thing, but I couldn't just leave him, and he has a bigger one to and on sale. Though Ik what I did was wrong in every way, but I got lucky and he's happy with the tank mates and there happy with him too. Unfortunately he thinks its fun to swish the sand in the same spot every time and make huge holes. And as soon as I put the sand back to where it belongs, he does it again 2 minutes later. Some sort of game I guess haha.

The mystery wrasse is multiple colored. I would not add the fox face. He will probably bother your tang or vice versa

Hello, I'm really interested with this fish. But... can it go in a 72 gallon bowfront? Is it comparable with a yellow tang, flame angel, one banded clownfish, two ocellaris clownfish, and about 6-7 hermits. And anything I should know about these guy?? Aggressive, territorial?
The coral beauty will be harassed by flame angel until it dies. You can only keep one angel per tank.

I agree with the others. Two dwarf angels will fight. Really bad idea. I'm not opposed to the Foxface idea. I don't think it would pester the yellow tang. They can hold their own with aggressive fish. That should be okay. The yellow tang needs a larger tank, so I would seriously reconsider that fish.

Damsels can be extremely nasty little fish. I've had them and would never get one again. Chromis are more mild mannered.

Have you looked at places like liveaquaria or bluezoo? Lots of ideas there. Pay attention to suggested tank sizes. There are several wrasses that would work for you.

I agree with the others. Two dwarf angels will fight. Really bad idea. I'm not opposed to the Foxface idea. I don't think it would pester the yellow tang. They can hold their own with aggressive fish. That should be okay. The yellow tang needs a larger tank, so I would seriously reconsider that fish.

Damsels can be extremely nasty little fish. I've had them and would never get one again. Chromis are more mild mannered.

Have you looked at places like liveaquaria or bluezoo? Lots of ideas there. Pay attention to suggested tank sizes. There are several wrasses that would work for you.

This is actually where I've been looking for fish (live aquaria). Yellowtail damselfish require minimal 30 gallons. Can this be a possibility for me? If possible could I get too?

Possible, yes. A good idea, IMO, no. Damsels can be aggressive. A lot of people get them because they are inexpensive and later get rid of them because they harass other fish. They are nearly impossible to catch without ripping up your tank.

Back
Top Bottom