Coral Beauty in a reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdnelson99

Aquarium Advice Addict
Everything I read says a Coral Beauty can be a problem in a reef tank. I have a 45 gal tank with two clowns, a 6 line wrasse, a fire shrimp and a CUC. I plan on adding a diamond goby and I am leaning towards three Blue Green Chromis. I would however like to have one center piece fish. Pretty much had my mind made up that a coral beauty was not going to be it because I want to make this a reef tank. I would love to hear what all of you with a coral beauty in reef tanks have fared.

I've had one in my reef for 6 months and it only nipped at my colt once or twice. Never ever touched anything else. All my corals are growing fast and even my colt is getting huge. I think it is a great fish. Always on the move and highly energetic. My favorite fish thus far.

Sergie said:
I've had one in my reef for 6 months and it only nipped at my colt once or twice. Never ever touched anything else. All my corals are growing fast and even my colt is getting huge. I think it is a great fish. Always on the move and highly energetic. My favorite fish thus far.

+1... agreed.. Lol...

rdnelson99 said:
Yeah, I kinda already knew that though didn't I? LOL Better watch out or people will say you get around as much as Carey. :whistle:

Lmao... (15 characters)

ive had great success with my multi color angel hasnt touched a single coral

It's 50/50 with any dwarf angel. Some may totally ignore all corals, some might eat everything in sight and some might be good for a few years then decide to munch them all.

My coral beauty is doing just fine in my 210 reef tank. He is also living with a bi color and a flame.

Talked it over with my wife last night (after all, the tank is her birthday present) and we have decided on our final stock list.

45 Gal (36”L x 12”W x 24” Tall)
Already Have:
Ocellaris Clown x 2
6 Line Wrasse x 1
Fire Shrimp x 1
Emerald Crab x 3
Hermit Crab x 10
Snails x 15

Future:
Blue Green Chromis x 3
Diamond Watchman Goby x 1
Coral Beauty x 1

The Chromis are fantastic. Just got a trio for my 76, and I love them. They are my first fish (finally...) and are VERY hardy.

I have them acclimating in my profile pic (in a glass bowl), and they move pretty quickly so I couldn't get a great pic that wasnt blurry in the tank. Plus I have a huge diatom problem, reefcleaners package coming today :) The fish are already eating frozen brine shrimp like crazy it's awesome. I'll post pics of them with the CUC later on this thread.

With the diamond goby make sure you have a good lid. They are jumper and will find any hole and get out. I have had two fish stick on me. Had a six line do the same thing. I am using a light defuser for a lid to help with evaporation and they made it threw the half inch holes.

With the diamond goby make sure you have a good lid. They are jumper and will find any hole and get out. I have had two fish stick on me. Had a six line do the same thing. I am using a light defuser for a lid to help with evaporation and they made it threw the half inch holes.

I have a glass top but I was thinking of going to the paracube lens. I figured the 1/2" holes would be too small. Apparently, I need to rethink that. LOL Wonder if you put a screen under the paracube lens??? Of course, that would stop you from feeding through it but......

Back
Top Bottom