Coral food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinky77

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi therre i was wondering if it woud be usefull if i bought a good brand coral food i have sps mushroom's ... Button polyps etc or would it be a waste of cash ....?

Small pellet flake and brine shrimp i vary it from day to day i am also suplementing salifert all in one additive ...?

What is in the all-in-one additive? Most are not worth the money. A high quality salt mix will usually provide all trace elements and a good food will provide micronutrients.

The SPS will appreciate some small foods, something like frozen oyster eggs or even Golden Pearls (a powder like pelleted food ideal for corals, fish fry, etc.). Anything fed to them should be limited. Any food in is nutrients in, which can promote algae. Too much and you will favor the algae and not the corals. Target feeding is ideal, depending on how many SPS you have and how they are arranged. feeding just upstream of the SPS is ideal.

It is mixture of calcium magneisum and trace elements it is concitrated once a week dose . Reason i am asking is that this is my second reef tank i had to break my first down as i was moving home and gave my last corals to the lfs . I had a toadstool mushy and i was doseing green water ie zooplanton and it grew huge in about a year i have had these new corals about the same time still useing t5's but not as much growth tested all perameters and all in range even tested the iodine / iodide no probs there maybe a slow growing species .i will post a pic later fink it's a long tentacled musy i only have two fish a yellow tang and a small watch man goby hermits and smails ...

Green water is phytoplankton, not zooplankton.

You shouldn't dose that kind of supplement without knowing you need to (which you probably don't). In addition, one big weekly dose is not the way to do it. If it is needed it should be dosed daily in small amounts to maintain proper levels, not blindly added in a big dose each week.

It's not really a big dose 3.5 ml in a 150 ltr tank i have neen useing it for 6 monts now have had no problems with any parameters in any way i do a weekly water change i do understand were you are comeing from when doseing suplements thanks for your replys freind all the best .....

Back
Top Bottom