Coral placememts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys on wednesday i will be recieving 3 large birdsnest corals, 1 purple montipora, and 2 miami hurricans corals, one bigger then the other. My question is where would you place them in my tank for them to have sufficent light. I have a 6 bulb t5 light... Here is an FTS. Thanks!!! :)

Hey Nu-Nu, how's it going? Sorry about the closure, that sux! What exactly is the Hurricanes coral? Is it a Chalice?
I would think the birdsnest and Monti would do pretty well at mid-tank, maybe a little higher for the Monti. If the Hurricane is a Chalice, they do well with a little lower light, so probably mid- tank or lower.

Flreefer said:
Hey Nu-Nu, how's it going? Sorry about the closure, that sux! What exactly is the Hurricanes coral? Is it a Chalice?
I would think the birdsnest and Monti would do pretty well at mid-tank, maybe a little higher for the Monti. If the Hurricane is a Chalice, they do well with a little lower light, so probably mid- tank or lower.

Thanks dude! And yes the hurricane is a chalice i think so medium would be good? Thanks! I will put the other sps corals on top, my red monti is on top right now, the purple monti will probably go next to it, or in that same area! We are getting all these corals for free, we just have to pay shipping! We know the guy and he is very kind and generous :)

Wow, that's really cool!! Hurricane Chalice is pricey, what a deal!! I had a purple once, but lost it, ohh well.Good luck with them Jack.

Haha thanks! And ya we are worried, but we will try our best! We got 3 bigg birdsnest frags, purple monti, 1 medium hurricane, and 1 small hurricane. They shipped today so will be here wednesday. We will keep them on the sand for a few days at first then move them up once they are acclimated!

Flreefer said:
As much as you guys care about your tank, I think you'll do great!!

Haha thank you! This is our first attempt at difficult corals.. So this will be a learing experience :) if one doesnt make it then we have a few others :D

Back
Top Bottom