Coral placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosseg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Getting orange sun coral, and Duncan this week. I have limited high space left in my tank, so which one (as well as my green pagoda cup) need the most light? What about placement of the others?

Id put the pagoda cup & Duncan in a well lit spot. I've had better luck with my sun coral being in more of a shady area like a cave or something, they don't come out during the day much but they can be trained.

Awesome that's what I figured, thanks for confirming. Ill post pics soon as it arrives!

The sun coral is not photosynthetic. Place him in the shade and spot feed. The duncan will do well midway in your tank and could even be in the sandbed if needed.

View attachment 131370

As long as its in the shade with mid flow it should be good.
The tricky part I feeding, you have to be very patient with them, I use a long piece of stiff air tubing connected to an oral syringe which you pick up at the pharmacy. First you take a bowl of coral food and spray the sun coral, after a few minutes he will be out and you take more with mysis shrimp and feed him, keep in mind you are going to have to fight off the fish an shrimp for a few minutes. Have fun they are worth every second

image-1854814164.jpg

Sorry I meant to attach the picture he is on the right

image-463617321.jpg

Little better picture

Back
Top Bottom