Coral Propogation Poll !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you try your own coral propogation?

• Yes, successfully

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only partly successfully

• Yes, but unsuccessfull

• No, but I do have corals I could try it with.

• No, I do not have any corals to try it with.

• Total voters

vertex

Aquarium Advice Activist
Joshsmit56001 posted an idea to have a coral propagation forum on here. I'm just interested in try to find out how many user here do this? I'm just started a few of my own.

About how many do you propogate each month?
How many are successfull/unsuccessfull?
What do you propogate?

Thanks

The way I see it there is no excuse not to propogate corals that you have that are of size large enough. This permits us to maintan properly sized corals for our display (vs having some faster growing corals outgrow the display tank) as well as allows you to share either en gratus or for some small $. The frags you sell or give away permit wile corals to remain in the wild as if the other hobbists didnt get the coral from you they could have gotten it from the LFS whom most likly purchased their corals from a wild collector.

I agree. Corals are beautiful but they can get too big and unless you are getting a bigger tank each time you need to propagate. It is scary at first but is actually pretty for most things. I wonder how people with very mature tanks keep them looking good? I have a separate tank just for frags and it is full!

I just started adding some softies to my tank. I got 3 pulsating xenias through a friend that I'll probably have to prune. I'm interested in seeing that separate frag forum :wink:

Back
Top Bottom