Coral question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good flow, great lights and they are set! I wish mine would grow faster but I guess its the sw thing about patience again lol

No, PWC`s are the way to go. They replenish trace elements and dilute excessive nutrients.

I'm using purple up, kent chromaplex, Kent iodide, and red sea coral pro salt, I do 10% wc every week

Wow that's alot of dosing. I think youre doing enough. lol Do you actually test for all those minerals and elements? I'd go nuts trying to do that

melosu58 said:
You dont need the iodine if you are doing weekly PWC`s.

Won't the skimmer take it out though? It says recommended 8 drops per 50g daily.

1/2 inch in a week for *any* coral would be pretty amazing. I'm thinking maybe you mean expansion? Corals will vary their expansion quite a bit as they get used to their new tank, and from week to week. Actual skeletal growth is pretty hard to measure on Lobos.

Sorry... I was thinking you were talking about a Lobophyllia, and not a Lobophytum (aka ORA Loco Lobo). So I take back what I said... I don't have a clue how fast those things grow.

Back
Top Bottom