Coral supplements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Willy I have an odysea 150 watt metal halide with t5 actinic and I was getting red algea I changed out the metal halide bulb wit a Phoenix brand 14k and my tank looks a lot better the bulbs that come in those fixtures suck lol

Jspires688 said:
Willy I have an odysea 150 watt metal halide with t5 actinic and I was getting red algea I changed out the metal halide bulb wit a Phoenix brand 14k and my tank looks a lot better the bulbs that come in those fixtures suck lol

I figured that much i was also thinking about making a bulb change but kinda straoped for money.. I was thinking og a uvl 50/50 daylight and a super actinic...

Same lighting that stimulates coral growth will grow coraline algae. As far as calcium goes, you have to get a test kit, otherwise you will be dosing in the dark.

Gregcoyote said:
Same lighting that stimulates coral growth will grow coraline algae. As far as calcium goes, you have to get a test kit, otherwise you will be dosing in the dark.

I have a testin kit...calcium , phosphate nitrates kh... The bottle says dose not more than once daily but not to exeed 400 ppm or cloudiness will happen..so i would dose one capful once a week and somwtimes forget but te calcium was always high or at least 500 ppm...

You are good to go at that level. As I said in a previous post, seawater will only hold so much calcium before it precipitates out.

Back
Top Bottom