coral vite, coral excell, or both?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bawla47

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im going to get some corals pretty soon, but atleast tryin to figure out whats best before it do. Any recommendations on good coral growth nutrients/suplements.

anyone used coral vite or coral excell? what do you think?

Thanks for the replys
Jay D

It really depends on the corals you plan on keeping. Honeslty, all of those "coral and reef additives" availible at the LFS are just a waste of money. Regualr feedings of the appropriate foods and maintaining the proper ALK/CA is all you need to do.

both of those are great products! i have used them both.

look into the liquid reactor by kent

It really depends on the corals you plan on keeping. Honeslty, all of those "coral and reef additives" availible at the LFS are just a waste of money. Regualr feedings of the appropriate foods and maintaining the proper ALK/CA is all you need to do.

Yup Yup, don't waste your money. Most of those products are just algae blooms in a bottle, definately avoid anything by Marc Wies. Also be really careful of any "coral food" liquid suppliments. If you are thinking about one post it on here or really check whats in it and do some research because the majority of those are snake oil blooms in a bottle as well. Regular water changes, maintaining ionic balance at proper levels, excellent water parameters, and proper lighting is all you need to keep most any coral that doesn't require direct polyp feeding happy.

well not sure if its useful or not, but i do give few drop every 2 or 3 nights just to ensure the growing =p well since all my coral growing like mad i would keep on doing so.

Back
Top Bottom