Coral vs Anenome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afilter

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK, just added my 2nd coral frag last night. Seems to be doing pretty good. It is a kenya tree coral. I positioned it away from the candy coral on the advice of LFS.

This afternoon one of my rock flower anenome has moved closer to the coral. Will this be an issue? If so how should I resolve it?

I have seen the coral touch the edge of the anenome and the fingers retract, but do come back out after a while. No affect to the anenome.

Also, a small finger/branch (about 1") separated from the rest of the coral. I assume as a result of transport. For now I laid the detached piece on a piece of rock. Could this develop into another frag or should I remove it.

attached a pic of the coral and anenome.

Kenya tree corals are hardy but IMO is not match for that anemone. I have a kenya forest in my tank and that is how they propagate, they self frag so that branch is a new coral. I had at one time around 60 + kenyas in my tank. Took them to the LFS for credit. I am down to around 10 now.

Cool on the fragging part 8) Any suggestions on the anenome? SHould I try to move it and if it moves back get rid of it?

I have had the anenome for some time, but the coral takes priority now.

Back
Top Bottom