Coralife Power compacts with Lunar cycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since I am going FOWLR I will be getting rid of my 400 watt halides and down grading.

Has anyone tryed the Coralife units with the lunar cycles? are they any good?

I got the 30" fixture 2x65w + 2 lunars and in Februaury and I loved them until this week. Both of the lunar lights went out. I am going to contact Coralife and see what they can do, but I wasn't very smart and I did not send in the waranty card. Other than that, they ar really nice.

I kept the lunars on 24hrs a dat per the adivse of people here. I am not sure if that had any effect.

BTW....How do you plan on getting rid of your MH Lighting???????? 8)

did you keep the top off your aquarium? i had the 48" coralife unit and my lunar lights cut out also because water got into from my aquarium

good to know!! I'm shopping for a set of PC lighting right now!

HackTeck .... DUDE, you have to remove that pic. from your avatar! Everytime I look at it I think oh man this poor guy! I know you said it's not you but ...... AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Jermz79 said:
HackTeck .... DUDE, you have to remove that pic. from your avatar! Everytime I look at it I think oh man this poor guy! I know you said it's not you but ...... AHHHHHHHHHHH!

I 2nd that Hackteck lol

I will be selling my MH lights. I have someone interested, If they do not buy, I will be selling them. I will probably post them on here.

I did not have the top on....

On the plus side, I called Coralife during lunch and they said that they would send me 2 new LED's and enter me into their warantee system even though I do not have my original recepit....

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE......

I was considering getting another fixture for my new tank, but I think I will stick to Coralife.....

Jermz79 said:
good to know!! I'm shopping for a set of PC lighting right now!

changed hehe

I have used the 48" 4x65watt aqualight lunr and really liked it. Well build and you have the ability to run the moons seperatly. It is a good solid choice for what you are looking for. A good fixture.

I'm using the 48" 4x96 watt lunar aqualight plus model and really like it. It works especially nice if you match it up with coralife's dual power center so that it will timer control all 3 types of lights for you. Runs really cool also because of the external ballast. Doesn't even get as hot as the aqualight 2x96 on my other tank. My only complaint with it (other than it was pricey) is that the fixture is so wide. you either have to tip it up on end, or remove it altogether if you have to do any work in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom