Coraline algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will happen in time, but scraping some off may help it to start spreading faster.

image-2455412189.jpg

A little off topic but do you know what kind of anemone this is ?
Ill try to add a few more pictures
Thanks again mr x

I'm thinking Ritteri or Sebae.

It has long tentacles with yellow on the tips .
It stayed in the same place for well over a week and now traveling for the last couple days ,
I seamed to made a home right below the skimmer pump .
What should I be feeding it ?
My clowns do take food to it but I'm worried its not getting enough.
Will it eat any fish I add except for the clown fish ?
It looked like the clowns were trying to tease the goby and get it to follow them into the anemone .

Anemones get all the food they need from the light. Most don't feed there anemones and yes any fish, crab, snail, etc can be eating by a anemone. Sitting under a pump sounds like disaster to me though i would be careful

I have noticed allot of purples pink coraline all over but I have another question ,
I am starting to get a red velvet algae ,
Is this a good algae ?

Good is a matter of opinion. If you like the look of it, and it's not spreading like wildfire, it's good.
I would be feeding my anemone small pieces of meaty foods, such as a piece of raw shrimp or fish, a couple times a week. Something about the size of a pea or smaller would be more than enough.

Good is a matter of opinion. If you like the look of it, and it's not spreading like wildfire, it's good.
I would be feeding my anemone small pieces of meaty foods, such as a piece of raw shrimp or fish, a couple times a week. Something about the size of a pea or smaller would be more than enough.

I do think the reds look good , I was worried I might be starting a algae bloom but checked all parameters and all is good .
Nitrates : 5 ppm
Phosphate : 0 ppm
Ph : 8.2
Gravity : 1.024

I started feeding my anemone raw shrink and scallops .
Every other week .
Last night was his feeding he got a gallop cut into 4
He is massive !! Lol
I bought a few zoas , 1 hammer coral ,
1 candy cane .
1 small frag pipe organ ,
Every thing seams to be going well .
Alone with that I added a cleaner wrasse , yellow wrasse ,
And cleaner shrimp yesterday

Next week ill feed him a raw shrimp cut into 3 .
As for feeding corals how much or often should I feed them ?
What would you suggest feeding then ?

I do think the reds look good , I was worried I might be starting a algae bloom but checked all parameters and all is good .
Nitrates : 5 ppm
Phosphate : 0 ppm
Ph : 8.2
Gravity : 1.024

I started feeding my anemone raw shrink and scallops .
Every other week .
Last night was his feeding he got a gallop cut into 4
He is massive !! Lol
I bought a few zoas , 1 hammer coral ,
1 candy cane .
1 small frag pipe organ ,
Every thing seams to be going well .
Alone with that I added a cleaner wrasse , yellow wrasse ,
And cleaner shrimp yesterday

I have noticed everything I feed with raw meaty food my skimmer goes nuts and spills over ,
Is this normal ?

feed the anemone very small pieces. It is stressful for them to digest larger hunks.
You are adding nutrients to the tank. If your skimmer is sensitive, yes, it's normal. Try to stick with the white fishes, not tuna or salmon. Those are too oily IMO.

feed the anemone very small pieces. It is stressful for them to digest larger hunks.
You are adding nutrients to the tank. If your skimmer is sensitive, yes, it's normal. Try to stick with the white fishes, not tuna or salmon. Those are too oily IMO.

Apparently it's sensitive to scallops and shrimp too ,
It seamed to devour the chunks ,
They were about 1/2" square pieces ,
A hour after feeding it was open and bigger then 12" across .

It has found a place in front of a power head where it seams to be the happiest ,

image-2257890667.jpg

Taken this morning , approximately 12 hours after its last feeding

Taken this morning , approximately 12 hours after its last feeding

You can't see it but the rest of the anemone is down the back of the rock ,
The mouth is in the center at the top of the rock

It's a beast! (y)

You know of any online stores that sell waving hands coral ?
Waving hands thick stem ( Xenia sp ) is what live aquaria has it listed as .
There is another green one that looks very cool .

Back
Top Bottom