Coralline algae growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Octavio

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have existing live rock but last week I added 2 pieces of live rock with coralline algae and I notice that other live rock with a lityle purple and white does coralline algae start to grow this quick question for you experts out there im a newbie lol

It usually takes a bit longer to grow to other rock in your system. Are you sure it's coralline? If it comes off easy then it's probably cyano and not coralline.

AquaRick said:
It usually takes a bit longer to grow to other rock in your system. Are you sure it's coralline? If it comes off easy then it's probably cyano and not coralline.

Its coralline I checked thats awsome

I wish I could fins a piece like that. I have a snail with a lot if it and now its starting to grow in my rock but very slowly

Krocky12 said:
I wish I could fins a piece like that. I have a snail with a lot if it and now its starting to grow in my rock but very slowly

Go to ur LPS and look at all the live rock and check for coralline thats the way I did it and also on ebay I wrote corallibe algae and there is a seller selling it for 35$ with shipping fir scrappings but ill post pics later on it

Krocky12 said:
Cool thanks man

Thats my 30 gallon and I just notive the live rock is turning white on thee back I will see lots of coralline in there wooohooo lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120501_172038.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120501_172038.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 77
  • ForumRunner_20120501_172045.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120501_172045.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20120501_172057.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120501_172057.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 98
Use purple up that thing is great bro and to tell u the truth I only check 3 things nitrite ammonia and ph thats it lol

What's the best chemical or supplement to grow coralline algae? I have base rocks that I need to get some growth on from my other live rock before the cycle is finished

armyman16 said:
What's the best chemical or supplement to grow coralline algae? I have base rocks that I need to get some growth on from my other live rock before the cycle is finished

im using purple up and I seeded coralline algae works great

Okay, and lighting will affect it too right? Ill probably buy me some purple up

Okay, and lighting will affect it too right? Ill probably buy me some purple up

If you're running a reef tank with the appropriate levels of Ca & Mg, Purple up will do nothing for you. It's just concentrated calcium etc. Coraline doesn't grow in your tank on it's own; it has to be introduced into it. Best bet is to get a piece of LR with coraline and scrape it to get it introduced into your tank.

Back
Top Bottom