Corals and such

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to start adding corals in the next 6 months (my tank is 2 years old) and want things like mushrooms...something that covers the tank....it looks bare with just 150 lbs of LR and sand...what would you guys suggest. I have 440 watts of VHO. its a 100 gallon tank.
Thanks

I'd suggest Eric Borneman's coral book. Great ref book IMO.

Otherwise, start with some easy stuff. Leathers, shrooms, and etc

Rev its a long tank. 5 ft long as a matter of fact. The lights are really close to the water...I like the shrooms and leathers for sure.

Frogspawn, hammer and most LPS type corals are all great hardy corals as well that would do well under your lights..

Thanks Darrin...Im looking for something that will liven up the tank if you will....Do these all spread as well?

The hammer is a very easy on too. From what I've read, it is a good water quality indicator too.

If you're looking for spreading action, consider the pumping xenia. You'll be trading frags before you know it. And I'd situate it high also, since it spreads upwards quickly.

You can try xenia, it growths like crazy. Green Star polyps are an incrusting coral that spread with time. Zoos as well. A branching torch coral will also get very big. Have fun...Lando

Back
Top Bottom