Corals dying or bleaching out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buklau

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have put three new sps pieces in my 90 gal reef tank. They keep dying or bleaching out. I have radion led lights. So that's why I think they are bleaching out, then dying.
Water is great!
Cal 480
Alk 10
Phos .04
Nitrates 0
Nitrites 0
Ph 8-8.3
Temp 78

All of my other sps corals are doing fine, but I acclimated them to the lights when I switched over. Do I need to lower light power every time I put in a new piece of coral?

Any help? Thanks

Buklau said:
I have put three new sps pieces in my 90 gal reef tank. They keep dying or bleaching out. I have radion led lights. So that's why I think they are bleaching out, then dying.
Water is great!
Cal 480
Alk 10
Phos .04
Nitrates 0
Nitrites 0
Ph 8-8.3
Temp 78

All of my other sps corals are doing fine, but I acclimated them to the lights when I switched over. Do I need to lower light power every time I put in a new piece of coral?

Any help? Thanks

They probably need light acclimated. A longer and slower drip acclimation may also be needed. All depending on the lighting and water parameters of the tank they were previously in. How high do you have the radions cranked?

Maybe that's my problem. I have them at 95%. So I guess I will lower the % and see what happens. With your lights at 65%, how long are your lights on for?

Buklau said:
Maybe that's my problem. I have them at 95%. So I guess I will lower the % and see what happens. With your lights at 65%, how long are your lights on for?

Probably the issue. Very easy to fry corals with leds if your not careful. Most people run the radions at 75% or lower. Deeper the tank obviously the more power you need.

Back
Top Bottom