corn anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just bought a corn anemone, how do you care for one? Do clowns go in them?

yeh sure ill do it in a couple of hours... im having a problem....the anemone wont stick to anything...its just floating around everywhere...my clown shows a lot of interest im it!! he almost looks like hes caressing it with his mouth...i put it on the bottom of the tank next to a rock for now...what should i do

I'd leave it be. Just make sure all your intakes are covered. It will attach when it's ready. How did you acclimate the anemone?

They do not attach right away and you may need to shut down your power heads unitl it takes hold.
Never hear of one either...

i kinda corbered it to the side of my tank with a piece of rock next to it...is that ok?
ill take a pic when it attachs itself...it looks kidna like a bubble anemone...but the sweepers look like corn cobs!!thanks...i drip acclimated it for like an hour

Sounds like a beaded anemone, but I'll wait for the pic. As for you cornering it, not a good idea. Unless you've smashed it (even worse idea), there's not real way of cornering one anyway. They can get in and out of some tight spaces.

hmmm...maybe im making it sound really bad...i put it on the coner of the tank..and put a piece of rock on the side of it so it wont move??? i have no clue wait for piucs..wahts up with the clown is he hppy?

The clown is just being a clown. No worries there. Don't be surprised if the anemone doesn't stay. Anemones are wanderers til they find a spot that suits them. This isn't always a spot that may suit you but, you can't force them to do or go where you want. Unfortunately. :?

the anemone is just chillin right now...my clown wont leave it alone...let me take pics on how it looks now...

img_527113_0_46b6cd27dd043b92e35103129f28bc4a.jpg

img_527113_1_a667f1ad60c1789f221881f4240b61a3.jpg

I cant even move it...my clowns gonna play with it like until he cant find it no more...

That is a bubbletip anemone and it's way to small for your clown. Clowns, can kill an anemone by stressing it to the point of death if they are to large. I'd return it and try to get a larger one. Ideally, when looking for an anemone, it's a safe bet to get one twice the size of your clown. If the clown continues to harrass this one, it's never gonna expand. I rescued a bubbletip that was one step from death due to being to small and the clown nearly loving it to death.

hmmm...the anemone is like the same size as the clown when it expands...think i should take the clown out for a bit?

foudn a better solution...i put a large net into the tank so the clown cant bug it...seems to be working

Here is a pic of an anemone who was loved to much by a to large maroon clown.
You could QT the clown long enough for the anemone to get settled in and see how that works. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Fluff said:
Here is a pic of an anemone who was loved to much by a to large maroon clown.
You could QT the clown long enough for the anemone to get settled in and see how that works. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Damn, thats impressive.

Oh and by the way, leave the anemone alone, just let it do its own thing.

It does look quite small, might want to take haras advice and take it back if the clown is harassing it to much.

hmm the anemone finnally setteled!! The last time i saw it they were doing just fine...it seems that the anemone has opened up and the clown is just chillin right by it... i will put up pics when i get back

Back
Top Bottom