Corner tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anemoneman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had some idle time to I went looking at all-glass aquarium's site (bad idea) to look at different sized tanks. It's almost time to up size my puffer tank to my 75. I'll need a new reef tank then (y)
A 120 (48x24x24) would fit nicely in the spot but I saw a 92 gal corner tank. 34" on a side and 24" deep (officially 48x34x24). Looks really cool. 34" from any point on the front to the back corner. 90 degrees of curved glass. Might make a really unique reef tank. Lighting would be a challenge.

Anyone seen these (set up or otherwise)?

We have one at the store that is similar to what you're talking about. It is smaller...about 44 gal I think. It has a three front panes that come off of a 90 corner. Kind of a corner hex I guess. I thought the same thing...be a neat reef tank. The first thing that came to mind regarding lighting was a pendant with MH and PC actinics. I guess you'd need at least 2 MH's for that tank and...maybe a 96w powerquad for the actinic? It would be a really neat tank.
Logan J

I saw one just like you described in Denver a couple of weeks ago and thought it looked great. The hood that came with it had access ports for 2 light boxes. Hard to describe here but give me a call and we can talk. They also had a nice 140 gallon rectangular that would be nice.

I have seen a few set up as reefs, they are really cool! I think that cause of the shape, you actually end up with less room to place corals, less surface area of a comparable sized tank. I saw one person light it with PC lighing (power quads would allow for more ecen lighting, but if I were to set one up, I'd use a couple of 250W or 400W MH.

I had a 46 gallon set up. I went to a shorter tank due to lighting constraints. But the 46 gallon corner was my first sw tank. its now home to my ciclids.

Back
Top Bottom