cozumel night dive images

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are a few picks from last Saturday's night dive on Paradise Reef, Cozumel.

This was the biggest Spotted Moray I have ever seen, chow down on a 6" Blue Tang. He was over 4 feet in length and had of girth of at least 5 inches.

How would you like to find this guy on you new live rock. His body was fooball size.
Also a skate made a fly by.

These were not a night dive, they were on Santa Rosa Wall.
The Queen Angels get to 2 feet down there.
The other is Quarryshark studying a bubble.

Not sure why some pics are thumbs and some are big, sorry.
I can post more later as I scan them.

nice pics! i cant wait to go diving in cozumel...im goin on friday in the gulf though

Great pics. My wife and I snorkeled Columbia reef in Cozumel and I decided that the next time I'm down there I will be certified for a dive. It was beautiful and we saw more fish than I could keep track of. Also saw a giant sea turtle which was the event of the trip for me. We also did a reef off of Key West, Cozumel was sooo much nicer IMO. I'll have to go through the pics from our cheap disposable and see if any are worth a post.

nice i love that places the current on the wall can be something else the last time we got in the main current and was half way back to town when we came up lolol had to have a boat going out call our boat to get us heheheh

Just got back from Coz today, wasnt able to do any diving, but did get several hours of snorkel in. 50 feet from the back of the hotel (Coral Princess) I saw tons of life. Ive got the film in rush mode hoping that at least a few turned out.

I'll make sure diving is on the agenda next year, even if I have to leave the kids at home to do it!!

that is great snorkeling behind that hotel ive stayed there ! like thats it rather deep and ya have to jump into the water ! ya should have rented some gear and gone out right there :) tons of eels out a bit in almost every rock :)

should have rented some gear and gone out right there

I thought about it, but my wife and I were taking turns swimming/snorkling with kids. Didnt want to stick her with kid only duty and I was a little overprotective of my kids swimming there. I did see several eels, skates, and cowfish right off the deck. Not to mention the coral, sponges, anemones, Huge angels and Tangs and hundreds of softball sized Urchins. Also went to the other side of the island, and if your not opposed to fighting the surf theres lots to see there as well.

I cant wait to go back and I only got home about 3 hours ago!!

BTW, lost a Naso tang while I was gone, havent been able to find out what happened yet, but hes not in my tank anymore :( Hope to be able to get in touch with the guy that took care of it this evening.

:-( hope he playing hide and seek heheheh
gotcha on the kid thing !! dont think there are any rules about not swimming on the other side i know by coconuts ya can swim for sure (love that bar:)!! it not like the states if ya can swim go for it if ya cant i guess your food for the sharks lolol

Coz is incredible. It was my 3 time in 2 years and am planning to go back at Christmas. We were able to do 15 dives. I have now done every reef except Barracuda and San Juan, most of them 2-3 times. We did the southernmost (reachable) reef which isn't visited much, Maraciabo. Its cool because it hasn't been beaten up by careless divers and you have the area to yourself. Its a bit tricky, the reef and wall are very deep (starts at 90 feet), currents can be very strong and the water topside is a bit rough. But one hell of a cool dive.
Just missed you nitrate, we got home Tuesday. Snorkeling is cool there, just watch the currents. Get too far out and they can grab you.

Nitrate said:
BTW, lost a Naso tang while I was gone, havent been able to find out what happened yet, but hes not in my tank anymore :( Hope to be able to get in touch with the guy that took care of it this evening.

Not you to! :cry: I lost a Perc and my fish now have ich....sigh.

Back
Top Bottom