cpr bak pak horror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foma2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
early today i came to my 25 gal salt water tank to empty the collection cup on my cpr bak pak. to my dismay one of the filter pads i had put in it had been blown up into the overflow back to the tank and cloged it, therefore making the waterlevel in the back pack overflow onto the hard wood floor instead. :oops:
just wanted to tell people to make shure their filter media is lodged in their hard. and even though it happend i still think that the cpr bak pak is a great product

Filter pads? Where were these at in the skimmer?
Mine came with a sponge that I could insert around the return pipe if I had micro bubbles entering the tank, but since I've never had that issue, I never installed it.

i have the cpr back pack 2r. it has the pipe that returns the water. i hade sponge like filter media in the filter part and it got swept up and jamed in the pipe that returns the water back to the tank

did that come with the unit? or was it something you added?

Malkore, its funny how when someone has a Bak Pak question, you and I are right on it!!!

well that sucks!!! hopefully you didn't loose any life. there is a sponge which fits around the return tube and works well to trap bubbles. check that out.

Ah, probably another good reason not to modify equipment unless you are 100% sure it will not cause a problem :) Sorry about your problem.

thanks for the info. im going to go check out that buble eliminater. and i finaly fixed the problem for shure by cutting the sponge into small peices and putting it under the bio media, and now my waters finaly clearing up

Back
Top Bottom