CPR Overflow "bubbles" -- Help Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquafreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi :p

My CPR Overflow seems to be collecting bubbles. In doing so, it no longer retains its venturi which sends water down into the sump. My tank water level increases over a period of 24 hours and the surface no longer drains into the apparatus.

Does anyone know how to keep the bubbles out of the CPR Overflow? I've tried everything. There is a small tube which keeps suction that makes the system work but it is in effective.

Suggestions, additional question, please ask. Appreciate very much :idea:

Please disregard....I will attach a Rio 800 with a venturi connector to create the suction required for a high performance overflow. Thank you.

I would get an aqualifter if I were you. Search on premium aquatics or marine depot for one. I use on all my CPRs and it will keep them flowing like a champ for 12.00 each. Definately pick up at least two as they only last 6 - 24 weeks at a time and there is no telling exactly how long you'll get out of one. I assure you though, if you hook one up to your CPR you'll be flowin' like a champ.

Much obliged 8)

...partial to the Rio though....use one for auto top off and it works very well.

MY CPR runs with a Rio 600 re-venturi attached. It has run without incident for overy 18 months now.

As this pump doesn't really need to run all the time, I've connected it to my fresh water replenishment circuit. When evaporation triggers the system, the Rio comes on spits out any air trapped in the siphon. This contributes to random water movement, and the pump tends to activate every 5 or 10 minutes.

This is probably not good for the pump, but it has lasted at least long enough to justify it's cost....and it is still going.

Back
Top Bottom