Cracked tank dilemma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, the guy that built the aquarium told my LFS that he would not replace the aquarium. He said it was a "chip" and he would not replace it because of that. Nevermind the fact that it was INSIDE the joint, and not accessible to the exterior of the glass at all. So anyways, he told the LFS it would not expand, or leak. That's a load of ... because it wasn't noticable when the tank was purchased and now it is noticably spreading. I refuse to put 125gal of water +livestock in there. So, my buddy's gonna buy it off me for a snake tank and he's gonna get me the tank at wholesale...about $150 for a 125gal tank, add $100 for the built-in overflow (yeah! :)) and it's a grand total of $250 for a ready tank and overflow. Not too shabby. It's not a perfect ending, but you know, it's better than it could've been.

That really stinks. Glad you found someone who can take it for ya and hope your not out to much money.

if you have a Petco around in your area 1 time a year they put on a sale.. All tanks 1.00 per gallon.. I am awaiting the sale to get my big tank..

James

I have a petco, never been there but I was told by someone that they saw it downtown
Watch the local Petco ads and await for the sale to start.. Pick up a 200gal tank for $200.00

HTH<
James

Really a dollar a gallon OMG gonna need to reinforce the floor.. that is awsome...I gotta find out when that is and how much the floor will hold.. LoL you think I am kidding but I am not

Doan

Does petco offer any with built-in overflows? If they do, I'm sold. Perhaps I'll look for that sale when (and that's when, not if) I want to upgrade to a bigger tank. =]

Back
Top Bottom