crappy week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniperhank

Giant Clam Addict
Well, when it rains it pours. I spent most of this week researching a new 6 bulb t5 for my sps. When i wasnt doing that, have neen battling cyano in my sandbed. I come home last night from work and there is water around my tank. I remain calm and clean it up. We all know when we are elbow deep in our tanks we make a mess, so i may have just forgot to clean it up. I check on it today and the water is back. After much cleaning and study ive found the leak.

So here i stand, im wondering if i should just upgrade my setup, reseal my bowfront, and make it my new fuge. Either way its time to open up my wallet.

Been there..... had a 29 gallon, started leaking and upgraded to a 40, same length so everything switched right over....... It sucked when it happened but I love the bigger tank!! Can't wait to go even bigger

Nothing like a clear message from the fish Gods telling you it's time to go bigger!

Sorry to hear though, what a mess.

Thankfully it is a minor leak. I'm just controlling it as much as I can until I can find a bigger tank. There was an awesome deal I found on Ebay, but driving to the other side of PA for a setup just isn't happening.

Honestly duct tape works until you reseal i tryed to do it on mine but it was a 37

Well, things are looking up. There was an ad in the paper about a 55 gal with stand for 150 bucks. I was going to look at it tomorrow, but will be working 7a-11p. Either way, I'm going to grab it. There was much more in the deal than listed. It is an entire freshwater setup, pumps and everything. Going to ask a couple more questions and probably end up picking it up. Already had sealant so I'll fix my 36 once I get that one up and running and have an ATO or something.

Back
Top Bottom