Cross breeding Black and white occelaris clownish with regular occelaris clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it possible. Not sure what it's called though. Some might come out b&w, some normal, and half should come out with a cross between the two.

My SW LFS has a pair of clowns, one B&W and one regular. He gets all his baby clowns from them.

They go by color variations I believe it will depend what the babies turn out as. I know Saturday I saw a tank full and they all had the same parents however the colors varied. Breeding Pairs look about a quarter of the way down there is a picture of 2 color variations. She is very picky about the quality of her fish. I got a misbar for 5 bucks and I don't see a thing wrong with his body type but I know she would be able to point them out.

they look cool,I'm breeding perc's at the moment and all the fry look identical to the male not the female ,I can't wait for my grade A picasso clowns to start mating!!!!

I'm just wondering if they could all look like the male because all Clowns are born males? And how do you go about breeding your clowns? What size tank is ideal for breeding them? Thanks in advance.

I didn't start yet. But I'm going to try in a 29g biocube with a flowerpot instead of an anemone.

I'm just wondering if they could all look like the male because all Clowns are born males? And how do you go about breeding your clowns? What size tank is ideal for breeding them? Thanks in advance.
20g tank minimum,you need to overfeed the clowns after they have paired up,there no quick way of pairing them apart from an empty tank and a pot to try to keep them together.

Since they are different varieties of the same species, I'm not sure that they would breed true at all or not. It would be kind of like breeding a golden retriever and a german shepherd I guess. The offspring will likely have characteristics of both parents, but if you were to breed two of those offspring, who knows what the grandkids of the original pair would end up looking like?

Back
Top Bottom