Crystal Seas Marinemix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Has anyone had any personal Experiences with this Salt??? I know there is alot of stuff out there with stuff bleeching and such But I truely believe it was ppl changing out mass amounts after switching over from another brand that caused the issue... I want personal experiences only.. I just had to pick up a 150gal box locally as no one had anything else in stock at the moment and I needed salt.. I plan on taking the change slow like <5gals per week and then after 4 weeks doing my normal water change.. I want all good and Bad comments please but I want personal experiences... Please no hear say or I read this blah blah blah.. lol

TIA,
James

Well, I own a fish store and I started out everything on instant ocean. Then crystal sea gave me 6 boxs of salt so I switch. Never notice anything really wrong at all. I did 5% changes everytime there was need. I think the coral acutally did better since it was the new bio assy formula.
I've been using their salt ever since and all my tanks look great. The plus part is that they are a lot cheaper than instant ocean.
30-35 dollars a box of 150 gal mix

Strictly Marine said:
The plus part is that they are a lot cheaper than instant ocean.
30-35 dollars a box of 150 gal mix

I get 200gsl bucket of IO at my LFS for $34, I think it's the cheapest salt they have.

my LFS sells IO for about 60.00 when they have it in stock.. The cheapest is Coralife at about 34.00 box (petsmart) and for the Io, Kent stuff its over 60.00 box.. So far the CS seems to be working fine.. Strange thing I noticed is a piece of my Xenia took okk like crazy and sprouted again and doubled in size.. Could it be the salt?? who knows lol Anyone in Oregon needing any Xenia?? lets make a deal..

James

Back
Top Bottom